When the power goes out, it’s obviously an inconvenience to your family or household. Additionally, power outages can prove to be a significant monetary expense, too. There is a solution to power outages…but first, take a look at the stats below:
By The Numbers
- 87% of power outages are caused by severe weather.
- 500,000 people on average are affected daily by United States power outages.
- Weather-related power outages have doubled since 2003.
- Power outages cost American households $150 billion annually with weather-related outages accounting for $25-$70 billion a year.
What Causes Power Outages
- 29.7% – Equipment failure
- 14.8% – Wind/rain
- 11.3% – Lightening
- 10.1% – Operator error
- 7.7% – Voltage reduction
- 5.9% – Voluntary reduction
- 5.5% – Cold weather
- 5.3% – Supply shortage
- 5.2% – Fire
- 5% – Ice storm
- $5,000-$10,000 – Burst or frozen pipes
- $10,000-$25,000 – Flood damage
- $500-$30,000 – Mold remodel
- $250-$500 – Food loss
- $100-$200/night – Hotel
The good news is these costs can all be prevented with a home backup generator. That’s right; don’t ever worry about another power outage again! Within just seconds of your power going out, a home backup generator automatically powers your entire home…appliances, electricity, HVAC…everything! What’s even better? You don’t ever have to charge or fuel a home backup generator. They run on propane or natural gas. That’s good news!